Google translate has come a long way since its launch in 2006 from translating simple phrases into English and then into the target language to easy language detection and real-time translation, along with image translation which is an effective way to translate street signs and menus while traveling.
The Google translate application is considered one of the best translation applications available for Android phones, iPhones and the web, thanks to which communication with people who do not speak your native language has become easier, faster and indispensable while traveling. Actual and many more, and during the article we review the most important features of hidden Google Translate that you should not miss to know. What are the hidden Google translate features that you should not miss to know?
Translate conversations in real time in Google Translate
Translating text and voice conversations in real time is one of the most important features of Google Translate, which enables you to translate directly by listening to and translating speech and then reading it aloud. When the person whose conversation you want to translate finishes speaking, the translated text will be immediately read aloud All you have to do is do the following steps:
- Open Google Translate and tap the chat button at the bottom of your screen.
- Press the language icon at the top of the left microphone to choose a language to translate from.
- Press the language icon at the top of the right microphone to choose a language to translate to.
- Click on the option of machine translation or manual translation according to your desire.
Note: When you choose the machine translation option, Google Translate automatically detects the language the person is speaking and translates it instantly. If you choose manual translation, you will be limited to only one language and you will need to manually switch between languages for each person you speak to.
Translate a single phrase in Google Translate
Perhaps you did not know, but one of the most important features of Google Translate is that you can translate individual phrases either by speaking or writing and that translation will be displayed in text form and you can listen to it out loud as well, through simple steps:
- Open Google Translate and press the language button to the left of the arrows to choose a language to translate from.
- Press the language button to the right of the arrows to choose the language to be translated into.
- If you want to switch between languages, you can click the arrow button to switch.
- Clicking the text entry option to type the phrase.
- Press the microphone button at the bottom to hear the phrase pronounced.
- Click the copy or speakerphone option next to each phrase to either transcribe it or read it out loud.
Translate texts inside images in Google Translate
And if you are traveling to a country whose language you do not speak, you need this feature from Google Translate, which helps you translate texts inside images with ease. And import them from your phone, and here’s how to translate text images through Google Translate:
- Open Google Translate and press the camera button at the bottom right of the screen.
- Click on the language icon at the top left of the screen to choose the translation language.
- Click on the language option in the top right to choose the language to translate to.
- If you want to switch between languages, you can click the two arrows.
- Tap the Instant option in the bottom left of the screen to translate an image in real time using the phone’s camera.
- You can click on the Import option if you want to translate a photo that has been captured and saved on the phone.
Google Translate for images now supports the Arabic language with new features
More about :
Use Google Translate as a dictionary
The importance of Google Translate is not limited to translating between two languages only, but helps you to understand your language better, as it is considered as a powerful dictionary that you can use to better understand unfamiliar words. Verb or verb, its synonyms as well as showing examples of the use of that word all help you understand your language in a better way.
Translating documents is one of the most important features of Google Translate that some may not be aware of. You can translate up to 5000 characters, but if the text exceeds that number, instead of cutting and pasting parts of the text, you can easily translate the document completely by clicking on the Translate document option that appears in the box The text and that service is only available on the web.
You can translate documents up to 10 MB in several formats, but the number of pages in PDF files should not exceed 300 pages. To translate a document, you need to do the following steps:
- Through the browser you can go to Google Translate.
- Click on the Documents option at the top of the screen.
- Choose the languages you want to translate from and to.
- Click on Browse My Computer.
- Choose the file you want to translate and then click on View Subtitles or Download Subtitles.
Google Translate enables you to translate websites easily. Through a web browser, you can type the URL of the website you want to translate, specifying the language you want to translate to, and then click on the link on the results page to be taken to the site in the desired language.
If you want to translate websites on Android and iPhone phones, then you can either use the Google Chrome browser, which supports automatic translation of sites, or use Google Translate directly from the browser.
Translate by speaking in Google Translate
At times, especially during travel, we may hear some words that we do not understand their meaning and do not know how to write, and one of the most important features of Google Translate is that it provides you with the ability to translate by speaking using the microphone, all you have to do is click the microphone icon in the side of the screen and say the word correctly Clear and Google Translate will translate it right away.
Memorize commonly used phrases
And when you sign in with your Google account, you can then save the translation of phrases to your personal translation book so that you can access it at any time and through any of your devices, as well as the ability to export those phrases to Google Docs if you need to, if you find You yourself use words or phrases frequently. It is a good idea to keep them for future use. Here’s how to memorize a translated word or phrase:
- Open the translation screen, type the text you want to translate, and when the translated text appears, you have to click on the Go option at the bottom right of the keyboard.
- Next to the phrase you will see an asterisk, click on it to turn it yellow so that it will be saved for you to use.
- To see your saved phrases, press the asterisk at the bottom left and a tab for your saved words and phrases will appear.
Translate texts from other applications
The translation of texts from other applications is one of the most important features of Google Translate available for Android phones and iPhones, where you can copy the text that you want to translate so that the Google Translate application will immediately show the translation and this feature does not work with images only texts, but you must first activate the translation feature, Here are the steps:
- Open the Google Translate app on your phone.
- Click on the menu icon to enter the settings.
- Click on the translation option to activate it.
If you want to use the text translation feature from other applications, you must do the following steps:
- Open the application containing the text you want to translate.
- Select the text and then click on the copy sign.
- Click on the Google Translate option and choose the language you want to translate to.
- The translation will appear immediately.
Translate handwriting with Google Translate app
Perhaps you did not know, but you do not have to rely on writing all the time to benefit from the Google Translate service, but you can get a translation of what is written by hand as well. If you have a smart pen, then handwriting is easier for you, and you can also draw letters or symbols using The virtual keyboard inside the Google Translate app, and here’s how to translate your handwriting on your smartphone:
- Open the Google Translate app and choose the languages you want to translate to and from.
- Clicking on the text box and at the top left of the screen you can click on the handwriting icon.
- You can draw a letter, word or symbol to have the translation appear instantly.
If you want to translate your handwriting on the web, you can follow these steps:
- Open Google Translate and select the languages you want to translate to and from.
- Click on the keyboard you want to use.
- Use the keyboard to write or draw what you want to translate.
Share translations from Google Translate
Sharing translation is also one of the most important features of Google Translate, a feature that helps you share translations directly through different messaging and communication applications.
Read also: Google Translate app gets the feature to convert voice to text and translate it directly
Google Translate works best when you are connected to the Internet, but you can also take advantage of the features of Google Translate while you are not connected to the Internet where you can translate up to 59 languages offline but you have to download language packs to your phone, and to take advantage of the translation without Internet you need to do the following steps :
- Open the Google Translate app, tap Settings, and choose Offline translation.
- Click on the languages menu and then choose the language you want to translate to.
Quick switch between translation options
Google Translate has quick options to switch between different translation options. It lets you switch to the camera to get a real-time translation, take a picture to upload, go into conversation mode, or turn on the microphone to speak a word or phrase you want to translate instead of typing it.
Other Features of Google Translate
Free to use
Unlike other translation tools, Google Translate can be used for free and without subscription fees or high costs. All you have to do is install the application from the Google Play Store , the Apple App Store , or through the browser to be able to translate what you want easily.
Although there are other translation apps that offer translation accuracy similar to Google Translate, few of them provide that accuracy in the fast time frame that Google Translate provides, sometimes you get the translation you need in less than seconds.
The Google Translate service is constantly updated by adding more languages, as well as adding new content for words and synonyms, with the continuous development of the translation level.
Don’t miss it: Google Translate supports 24 new languages and achieves a new achievement
What are the disadvantages of Google Translate?
Not maintaining context
Sometimes when translating from one language to another it produces content that looks complex and out of context as sometimes Google Translate fails to preserve context within the translation.
Despite the improvements in Google Translate, sometimes you find that the translation is literal and meaningless and unable to understand.
One of the most common problems in Google Translate is grammatical errors where there is a problem with grammar from one language to another.
If you discover a problem with Google Translate, it is difficult to file a complaint with the developers directly, which slows down the translation improvement process.
Despite the aforementioned flaws, the service is constantly being improved by Google, which makes it one of the best translation services besides that it is free to use.