There is no doubt that Adobe programs are the most professional in the field of design and creativity, and there is no professional working in the field of freelance work, or in various design and graphics companies, who does not use these programs.
Adobe Photoshop CC is almost the best photo editing software in the world, due to the amount of awesome capabilities it contains, which professionals rely on completely.
What makes Photoshop on the throne of image programs is that it is not only specialized in modifying images and adding effects, but it also enables you to design images and graphics that many content makers rely on.
For this, photographers, people working in the field of printing, designers and many others rely on this program, and there are even those who rely on this program only to earn money through free work .
Before we talk about the most important advantages and disadvantages of this program, let’s first talk about another photo-editing program from Adobe.
2. Adobe Lightroom
A photo-editing program is the best in the world in terms of modifying the colors and lighting in the photos – most of the photos you see on Instagram and magazine covers are modified with this program.
For this, most of those who work in the field of advertising rely on this program, due to its reliance on artificial intelligence techniques to modify all types of images.
The most important features of Adobe software:
- Enormous possibilities for editing, designing and applying endless effects.
- Easily link all Adobe programs to use on the same images or projects.
- Adobe offers you a huge library of ready-made graphics and effects that you can use easily.
- You can use the cloud feature to store the files you want and reuse them from any device.
- You can download these programs as applications for use on the phone.
- There is a large community of users of these programs, so you will find many explanations and practical examples that help you to constantly develop and innovate.
- Mastering one of these programs enables you to get money, either by freelancing, or even by getting a job in a graphic design or advertising company.
- You can own more than 20 programs from Adobe by paying one monthly subscription for all programs.
The main disadvantages of Adobe software:
- You need good hardware capabilities for these programs to run at their full potential.
- These programs are quite expensive, especially for beginners.
- These programs need a while to learn and master, because they have many features and tools that you have to master.
Luminar is one of the best photo editing software that professionals can rely on, which is a strong competitor to the popular Photoshop.
This program is completely dedicated to editing photos, so it is preferable to use it to modify personal photos or event photos in order to come out professionally with great ease.
The most important features of Luminar program:
- It contains most of the filters, effects, and image-editing controls that are found in Photoshop and Lightroom.
- Its space is small compared to the previous programs.
- It relies on artificial intelligence techniques to automatically adjust and improve images, and this saves a lot of time and effort.
- It contains many templates and graphics that can be added to images directly with the click of a button.
- Although it is a paid program, unlike Adobe programs, the fees for it are paid once, and the fees are not large.
The main disadvantages of Luminar:
- It cannot be used to design images like Photoshop, it is only a photo editing program.
- It does not have some of the advanced features that Lightroom has.
Gimp is a free photo editing program, and it is an equivalent alternative to Photoshop, there are a lot of developers working on this program as it is open source, and therefore it is constantly being improved.
Gimp Key Features:
- It contains highly advanced features that enable you to design and edit images with the utmost professionalism.
- It has a wide range of file formats that you can use.
- It’s smaller than Photoshop, and doesn’t require high computing power.
- Available for all operating systems, whether Windows, Mac or Linux.
- There are many explanations and videos on how to use it.
The main disadvantages of Gimp:
- How to use it takes some time to get used to, because it needs some prior experience.
- It does not contain some of the advanced features that are found in Adobe programs, but these features are very few and the program is being updated and developed at a great rate.
5. Photoscape X
Photoscape X is a very good photo editing program, especially for those who want to edit several photos at the same time. This program does not consume much capabilities of your device unlike many other programs.
The most important features of Photoscape X:
- It contains a lot of great effects and filters.
- You can take screenshots of your desktop with it.
- It contains many templates that you can use to add an aesthetic touch to your photos.
- The free version of it is very powerful unlike other programs.
The main disadvantages of Photoscape X:
- The user interface may look a bit outdated, and you need some time to get used to it.
- It does not have some of the advanced features found in Photoshop.
This photo editing program is absolutely indispensable, because it is distinguished and has many features that are not found in many other programs, even paid ones.
Paint.net main features:
- Completely free and open source software.
- You can remove backgrounds and modify images with ease.
- You can write and add shapes as well on photos.
- Very light and easy to use.
- You can make a Screen shot with it.
The main disadvantages of Paint.net:
- Despite the features it offers, it does not have the capabilities of applying effects and modifying colors.
- Its user interface is a bit dated, but it does the job.
7. Basic programs (Apple photos – Windows photos) with operating systems
These programs are very simple and come with the operating system for free automatically, they do not contain the advanced features in the programs we mentioned earlier, but they do the job in many cases.
Try it, especially the program for Windows 10, because it has many great capabilities after the recent updates that Microsoft released.
Note: If you do not have time to download a photo editing program on your device, and you want an easier, faster and simpler way to edit photos, we have previously made an article on online photo editing, you can access it from the link below.
The best photo editing apps on the phone
These applications are a revolution in the world of creativity and design, because they contain enormous capabilities and technology, which enables you to implement what you want very quickly.
And if you want to edit photos in order to publish them on social media directly from your phone (especially if you work as a vlogger), the following applications are the most suitable solution for you.
All the applications that I will mention in this section support the Android operating system, as well as IOS for the iPhone, so search for them in the App Store by name in order to download them.
Note: These applications do not give you the same efficiency as desktop programs, but they are especially useful in quickly modifying personal images and design, so that many professionals rely on them, so you will find that their characteristics are similar with some minor differences.
1. Snapseed App
The most popular photo editing app ever on the phone, with which you can design photos as well.
This application is owned by the giant Google, so it is the most used by amateurs and professionals due to the huge possibilities it offers.
This application has many advanced capabilities, which make it perfectly suitable for people who post photos using their phone at a large rate, especially on Instagram.
You have to use this application and try it yourself to discover its features, it is very easy and it is also free.
2. Adobe Free Apps
In order for Adobe to take over the entire photo-editing industry, and to compete with free photo-editing applications and programs, it launched a group of photo-editing applications.
These programs are miniature copies of the famous Adobe programs, which you can rely on to modify various types of images easily through the phone, especially if you do not have a lot of time.
These are the names of the most important Adobe photo-editing applications with links to download them for Android and IOS:
Adobe Photoshop Express app
Adobe photoshop lightroom app
Adobe Photoshop Fix app
3. Prisma Photo Editor App
Prisma Photo Editor is a great photo-editing app that lets you turn your selfies into fantastic art paintings, and it has tons of effects and filters that will make your photos look like they came out of a movie camera.
This application is free and recommended by many photography experts, especially for those who are interested in social media and constantly publish their photos.
4. AirBrush app
This application is one of the most important and best photo editing applications, there are about a million users using it on Android devices and hundreds of thousands using it on IOS devices.
The application has a very, very high level of evaluation, whether on the Google Play Store or the Apple Store. In it you will find almost everything you need to edit your selfies efficiently.
It contains a lot of capabilities and features that enable you to modify your photos to look perfect. But in fact, nothing is completely perfect, and the drawback of this application is that it contains ads, and this, in my opinion, is not a big problem, and it is nothing compared to the benefit that you can achieve through it.
You have to know that there are hundreds of applications and photo editing software on the Internet, but the most important thing to have a photo editing program is to use creatively to make great photos.
In any case, you have now the 11 best photo editing programs, choose one or two of them and start using them according to your desire, and if you need more advanced features, you can always return to this guide to choose another program.
Do not forget to share this guide with your friends, especially those who like to post pictures on social media so that they can benefit from this information, which I think they will thank you for.