CustomBuild is a utility that maintains DirectAdmin services including WWW, E-mail, SQL, PHP, and others. The majority of the packages are built from source code. Install customerBuild simply and learn how to use custombuild for DirectAdmin. Although the construction process takes some time, it has some advantages, including the following:
- It’s simple to change the components.
- New versions and releases arise often.
- The components make use of the most recent libraries.
- Even if the latest versions aren’t accessible on the DirectAdmin file servers, updating to them is straightforward.
Because services are often built with only the needed options, they have a smaller memory footprint.
What can I install/update on CustomBuild:
Exim configuration files
ImageMagick and imagick PHP extension
PHP (mod_php, php-fastcgi, PHP-FPM, suPHP, lsphp)
How to install CustomerBuild?
You need to open SSH root for your server.
mkdir /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/custombuild chown diradmin:diradmin /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/custombuild cd /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/custombuild wget http://www.custombuild.eu/plugin/custombuild.tar.gz tar -zxvf custombuild.tar.gz cd scripts sh install.sh
It might take time.
Learn how to use cutombuild
Now, login to your web access DirectAdmin control panel. You can find the CustomBuild on the list as it appears.
CustomBuild is a very configurable and powerful tool. You can install all the needed applications for the servers to run the websites smoothly and in clear steps. Here image for the ‘Build Software’ interface. It shows the version and name of each components and application.
Now, I will click on Build for ‘CSF’ which it is number five on the list.
It is clear how it install ‘CSF’ in just one click and simply without using the SSH commands!
My suggestion to build all the important components, this list:
- Build ionCube Install/update ionCube.
- Build PHP Install/update PHP.
- Build MySQL Install/update MySQL.
- Build ImageMagick Install/update ImageMagick.
- Build Dovecot Install/update Dovecot IMAP/POP3 server.
- Build CSF Install/update ConfigServer Security & Firewall (csf).
- Build Apache Install/update Apache WEB server.
- Build awstats process Install/update AWstats processing script.
- Build imagick Install/update ImageMagick extension for PHP.
You can install what you want on your server by your choice.
One important thing for options to set up:
You can change the PHP, MySQL, WEB Server Settings, WEB Applications Settings, ClamAV-related Settings, Mail Settings, FTP Settings, Statistics Settings, PHP Extension Settings, Cronjob Settings, and of course CustomBuild Settings.
Beside that Advanced Settings.
Update Software Configuration: latest update for configuration will help a lot especially, if you are not professional in servers. Personally, I use this updates as it saves my time.
I will keep the rest of the CustomBuild for you to discover!